Home Office pathologist Michael Heath told the inquest into her death that the latex glue used to apply her extensions – or the solvent for removing old ones – may have been to blame.
He added: ‘I’ve seen cases where people using solvent to apply extensions has actually caused anaphylactic shock.
‘There are about ten to 20 deaths a year in this country, many more in America. I have seen four in the last three months.’
He said: ‘She had an allergic reaction to something as the level of tryptase in her body was 178 micrograms, but we are not able to identify what the specific agent was that that caused this reaction.’
Do we really know what is actually in the beauty products we use?